AltaU is an intense, 5-day course that is designed specifically for owners and managers of progressive dairy herds.
Each AltaU session is limited to 18 people in order to ensure an interactive learning environment and optimize the educational experience for participants. All instruction is provided by highly regarded university experts and dairy industry leaders and is held in Madison, Wisconsin.
What topics are covered in AltaU?
- Leadership, Labor Organization & Management
- Newborn Calf Management
- Replacement Heifer Development
- Housing, Lameness & Cow Comfort
- Transition Cow Management & Nutrition
- Udder Health, Milk Quality & Parlor Management
- Reproduction & AI Management
- Dairy Records Analysis & Dairy Decision Making
- Genetics, Genomics & Genetic Planning
- DiSC personality assessments and interpretation